“Good day! When you have a creche and are transporting children, how many may you load and may you load children standing up in the boot department. meaning in a 2 door Opel Corsa you will have the driver a baby in a car seat (one in front and one in the back seat) with 4 children on the backseat excluding the baby in the car seat and six children in the boot department? This while the driver is constantly reading bible while driving. Would appreciate an answer as the driver states it is legal to do so.”
- The law states all children under 3 must be carried in a car seat.
- Children between 3 and 14 is the responsibility of the driver.
- All the seats with seat belts must be occupied first and the seat belt must be worn.
- Passenger vehicles have a seating capacity that is printed on the licence disc.
- If there are more persons in the vehicle it is an overload.
- Children between 3 and 6 are counted 2 for 1 and between 6 and 13, 3 for 2.
- No person may be transported in the goods compartment for reward.