A taxi killed two women while they were exchanging details on the N3 northbound carriageway near the Geldenhuys Interchange, east of Johannesburg .
Netcare 911 said that initial information suggests that the cars of the two women were involved in a minor collision and they got out to exchange details, said spokesman Jeff Wicks.
“While they were still talking to each other on the roadside, a minibus taxi pushed through the scene and struck the women, throwing them forward before passing over their bodies.”
The women, who were both middle-aged, died instantly while several occupants of the minibus were treated at the scene before being taken to hospital in an ambulance.
The driver of the minibus was not injured.
We need to recognize that ever accident scene is a high risk for further accidents – and we need to remain vigillant and alert at all times!
We would like to urge vehicle owners to also view the following sections:
- Protect lives by driving safely near the scene of an accident
- A few photos at the accident scene could avoid conflict later!
- Good intentions at the accident scene are not enough – caution is required!!
- Pay close attention to safety when driving near level crossing!!
- Advice if uninsured vehicle is towed away from accident scene