I have never owned a quad bike myself but was invited to join friends on a quad bike weekend at the end of last year. This also resulted in me driving a distance of 90km in the beautiful Eastern Cape on the Lesotho Border.
One of my friends is the co-owner of the Quad24 website – and has been on several quad bike weekend trips. It is perhaps these experiences that ensured that our group of 5 guys were well kitted out with good bikes and quality protective clothing.
Safety for all road users has always been the objective in the development of the Arrive Alive Website. With this in mind we have included sections of content on quad bike safety, quad bike injuries and also on quad bikes and children. This was done in an effort to create more awareness about safety amongst quad bike riders and reduce many of the horrific quad bike crashes that were reported during the past few years.
We have also decided to include information on quad bike insurance in an attempt not only to protect the physical well being of quad bikers – but also protect them from financial harm in the event of quad bike damage. The Car Insurance Blog also presents us with a nice platform to discuss this in a bit more detail and refer to actual examples of how to find quad bike insurance.
Communication and discussing quad bike insurance amongst friends
As I reflected on the content on quad bike insurance I could not help but think that we need to consider the helpful nature of the quad bike enthusiast. I have found that there is a lot of goodwill to be found amongst the quad bikers – and they are generous in helping a hand in transporting bikes, rendering assistance with breakdowns, sharing advice on the best routes and destinations etc. It is this generous nature that should be the base for your search to find the best quad bike insurance.
We would like to suggest the following first steps of communication if you would like to find quad bike insurance quotes:
• Ask fellow quad bikers where they ensure their bikes
• Ask them who advised them to do so or why did they decide on that insurance company.
• Ask them since when they have been insured at a specific insurer.
• Keep in mind there might be new insurers with this specialized service – which might not have been an option at the time the insurance was taken out by your friends.
• Ask whether they have submitted any claims and what were the outcome/ customer experience?
• Ask several quad bike owners the same questions – to avoid following the advice and opinion from just one person who might have a grudge against someone or a specific company.
• Ask whether they know of other owners who had bad consumer experiences after damage to their bikes – and why?
• Ask them if there are specific pitfalls or exclusions that you would need to be aware of….
The answers from several quad bike owners might verify the answers from others…and will provide importance guidance from where you would be able to continue your search for the best quad bike insurance!