On the Arrive Alive website we have shared safety advice on safe motorbike riding. We advise young bikers to improve their skills with the bike on the track and pleaded for greater safety awareness. We have urged them to wear protective gear all the time and also shared advice on riding pillion!
But what about the bike?…. accidents do happen – and we need to protect our bikes from harm!!
Motorbike insurance can be regarded as “specialized” insurance – most insurance companies might provide such insurance – but might not have the expertise and know-how to provide the best rates and advice and assist in the swift and effective repair of the bike!
There are however insurance companies who have equipped themselves with the expertise to provide competitive rates and quality advice on the repair of damaged bikes. It might be well worth the effort to put a bit more attention into finding the best insurance company to protect your bike!!
We would like to advise bikers with the following on tips on motorbike insurance:
- Ask other bikers where they are insured and why they are insured at those companies.
- Ask them whether they have a claims history with that company. What has the experience been like?
- Also enquire more info from the motorbike retailer and ask for suggestions on where to insure.
- Shop around at several insurance companies –you should at least be able to compare three different quotes.
- Cheapest is not always the best – enquire about the financial sustainability of the company if it is not a well known brand.
I could not resist sharing the photos on this Blog post from an email received, titled “Don’t leave your bike with granny!!”
Robert might have his bike well protected -but he will still need motorbike insurance!!
Also visit the following sections: