Shortly after the release of the previous app update, Matrix has takentheMatrixInternetTrackingApponestepfurther – becoming the first tracking company to integrate flexiblelocation sharing within their app offering, creating an ever more personalised experience for their customers.
Grant Fraser, Product and Marketing Director at MiX Telematics (Africa) says; “We are always looking for ways in which to enrich the customer experience and as such, by understanding customer usage patterns and preferences, we regularly innovate to ensure that not only are we constantly introducing industry-firsts, but ensuring that our product and App puts real power in the hands of the user.”
Previously Matrix introduced featureslike; vehicletracking,roadside andmedical assistance,earlywarningdetection, and the ability to monitor your vehicle via your smartphone/computer, in the aim of giving consumers true peace of mind.
However, today, the company launched 5 key new features that encapsulate flexible location sharing and demonstrates their ability to meet the real needs of South African consumers. “The new additions to the app gives consumers not only access to great features and possibilities but through these, and even more so in months to come, our customers will only need to use their Matrix app for all their vehicle needs and won’t need to move between apps to access different functionality,” continues Fraser.
The new app features, include:
– Street Viewgives you a Google Maps streetviewofthephysicallocationofwhere yourcarisparked as well as allowsyouto navigate upanddownthestreet on your device – givingyouanextended viewofthearea. Just perfect for those people who often forget where they have parked their car!
– One-touch weather information: The app also integrates aweather service–soyoucan seetheweatheratthecurrentlocationofthecar and not merely the province/suburb you are in – talk about accuracy!
– MyTrips allows you to customise the start and end locations of your trips with your own individualised namingconventions – ensuring you are the only one who knows the important locations allocated to your device. This feature will automatically update all previous locations, with your naming convention. My Trips also gives you access to detailed information about your vehicle’s past movements as well as enabling you to navigate to your vehicle’s last position. And for those that travel for business, all your trips can be easily categorisedas eitherbusinessorpersonal, enabling you toeffortlessly populate your travel logbook.
– With NavigateHere functionality, customers withmultiplevehiclesononeaccount canselecta different vehicle, assigned totheiraccount, and plananavigation routetothatvehicle usingyourphonelocationasthestartingpoint.What is even more exciting is that you can scroll to the location you want to drive to on your map – byholdingyour finger onthedestinationfor 3seconds,aroutewill be plotted. No more typinginstreetnamesandcross-roads!And,withreal-timetrafficupdates–youcanplanahead with confidence.
– Notification history: Anin-appnotification systemlets youknowexactlyhowyour vehicleisbeingdriven. And iftherearemultiple vehicles onthesameaccount–you,as theprincipledriver,canselectwhichvehicleyouwantnotificationsfor, notifications such as:harshbraking,harshcornering,andsevereacceleration, over speedingandbatterynotification.
“In today’s driver environment, consumers want to be connected, they want ease of use and they want full sight of their vehicles and the locations that surround their everyday lives. It is for this reason that we continuously innovate within the app to provide flexible location information and of course, create a platform that is the ultimate in app convenience and personal safety!” concludes Fraser.
About MiX Telematics
MiX Telematics is a leading global provider of fleet and mobile asset management solutions delivered as SaaS to customers in over 120 countries. The company’s products and services provide enterprise fleets, small fleets and consumers with solutions for safety, efficiency, compliance and security. MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Australia and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners world-wide. MiX Telematics shares are publicly traded on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE: MIX) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MIXT).