“New passenger vehicle sales continue to show resilience with a 6.2% increase year on year, despite tough trading conditions. The export market continues to deliver solid results. All in all, a good month for car sales.”
General Comments on July 2017 NAAMSA sales:
- Aggregate new vehicle sales increased month on month by 3.1%
- Passenger vehicles increased by 7.7% month on month
- Overall sales increased by 4.1% year on year
- Passenger vehicles increased by 6.2% year on year
- Year on year monthly comparison shows an increase of 22.2% in exports
General Comments on July 2017 Standard Bank passenger vehicles:
- The average contract term increased year on year by one month.
- The average deal size decreased by 7.5% year on year. The recent trend towards the pre-owned/used vehicles continues and is not likely to change in the short to medium term.