The Arrive Alive website received this rather amusing picture of a damaged vehicle and some “do it yourself” repairs! This is however neither legal nor safe – and yet another reason why it is important to have peace of mind that car insurance would help to repair your vehicle swiftly and professionally!
Vehicle maintenance is an important part of safety on the road. On the Arrive Alive website we have made available content on the topic of Vehicle Maintenance and Road Safety and we would like to share some of the additional “maintenance friendly” suggestions.
- Always use genuine spare parts.
- Give your vehicle anti-rust coating
- Avoid accelerating and braking abruptly.
- Shut down the engine whenever you expect to wait.
- Drive at a moderate speed to maximize fuel efficiency.
- Use air-conditioning only when necessary.
- Avoid riding on the clutch pedal, and release the clutch pedal fully while driving.
- Maintain optimum air pressure in your tyre to improve mileage.
- Try to avoid hitting your tyres against kerbs, especially when parking. It can cause the tyre to weaken without showing any damage on the outside.
- Check your spare tyre from time to time -you never know when you might need it.
These suggestions could help to keep your vehicle well maintained. Keeping your vehicle in a roadworthy condition may protect you from vehicle accidents! On the Car Insurance Blog we would like to share not only Insurance advice – but also advice on those driving techniques and maintenance tips that might keep you away from vehicle accident claims!