- Please note that an extensive amendment bill to the Administrative Adjudication of Road Traffic Offences Act, 1998 was published for comment in Government Gazette 36173, dated 20 February 2013. A memorandum explaining the amendments form part of the gazette (p 24). The gazette is available on our website (See presentations). Comments may be made until 22 March 2013. Please note that the comments must be submitted to the officials listed in the gazette and not to our office.
- Criminal Procedure Act, 1977 – The maximum amounts for various provisions of the Criminal Procedure Act was amended by Notice R. 62 of 30 January 2013. For example – the maximum fine on a section 56 notice has been changed from R2 500 to R5 000.
- We wish to invite you to register for our Annual Road Transport Legislation Workshop.
An electronic or printed version of our National Road Traffic Act Compilation and other course documents are available. Please indicate your preference on the registration documentation.
21 May 2013 – Stellenbosch (Spier)
23 May 2013 – Durban (Garden Court Marine Parade)
4 June 2013 – Pretoria (CSIR)
- Ø ALTA SWANEPOEL – Road Traffic and Transport legislation Consultant (Alta Swanepoel & Associates), editor LexisNexis Road Traffic and Transport legislation
- Ø MAX BRAUN – Consultant in Transport Management, Distribution & Logistics Consultant (MB Consulting Services), contributor Fleetwatch magazine
- Ø KEITH McMURRAY – Consultant on the transportation of dangerous goods from DG Consultants
- Alta Swanepoel will present an update on the national road traffic legislation, transport policy developments, draft amendments, national land transport legislation (NLTA), AARTO amendment bill and developments with the e-toll legislation. She will also address specific issues that delegates have requested at previous sessions concerning legal requirements for foreign drivers driving South African vehicles, overloading issues, cross-border road transport permits, amendments on TCSP Guidelines and evidential breath testing developments.
- Max Braun is an independent transport management, distribution and logistics consultant. He will address the current trends in vehicle technology to minimise the impact of existing and imminent taxes, regulations and environmental constraints on transport costs.
- Keith McMurray is an expert in the transportation of dangerous goods and will address the new developments and amendments to the legislation and specifications on the transportation of dangerous goods, specifically operational and vehicle requirements.
*** The Registration fee is R2 400 per person (included are workshop documentation, refreshments and lunch) ***
TO REGISTER – PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE
- VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VIA FAX: 086 672 0469
- OR visit our website for a Registration Form: www.altaswanepoel.co.za (Annual Seminar)
You are welcome to forward this invitation to any other interested parties who may wish to attend the workshop.