Marshall Security have noticed an alarming increase in the number of vehicle thefts within the greater north Durban region over the last month.
Vehicles which appear to be being targeted are but not restricted to include:
Particularly Toyota Hilux, Toyota Fortuner and Volkswagen Polo models seem to be being target.
Apart from the physical theft of motor vehicles, there have also been an increase in the amount of reported theft out of motor vehicles.
Marshall Security would like to offer the following important tips to hopefully assist in preventing any further incidents in our area:
• Driveway gate alarms; Often with theft of or out of motor vehicles, we find that the driveway security gates are either derailed or tampered with. We suggest that our clients install a gate alarm kit which will alert you to any activity before an intruder is able to gain access to your property.
• Garden beams; the installation of garden passive infrared beams which are linked to your home security system, provide early detection of any would be thief, alerting you and your security company before the thief even makes contact with your vehicle(s). Contact our expert security advisory team today to see how we can help you improve your security setup. Visit www.marshallsecurity.co.za to switch to Marshall Security today.
• Ensure garages are locked and armed; it is important to ensure that you close your garage doors after parking your vehicle(s) as well as make sure to arm any alarm system zoned to that area. This will alert you and your security company to any un wanted activity.
• Ensure your vehicle(s) is locked; Always make sure to lock your vehicle(s), even when parked inside a locked garage.
• Remote Jamming; Always double check to make sure your vehicle is in fact locked before walking away in public parking areas. Remote jamming can take place without the vehicle owner even being aware it is happening. The safest defence is to always ensure all doors are locked, the boot is secure and the windows are closed before walking away from your parked car.
• Avoid parking in the street overnight; Where ever possible park vehicles in off street parking, secured by driveway security gates and outdoor security beams. Often our patrol vehicles find cars parked outside garages or in the road as appose to secure parking in garages and or properties, this places your asset at increased risk.
• Do not leave valuables in vehicle(s); it is important not to leave any valuables such as laptop computers, tablets, cell phones etc. visible in vehicle(s) as this creates temptation for thieves.
• Be aware of your surroundings; always be aware of any strange pedestrians lurking around your property, any vehicles following you or any other unscrupulous activity. Should you feel unsafe, contact our IN CASE OF ANYTHING number immediately on 086 162 7732.
Most importantly remember to call us IN CASE OF ANYTHING on 086 162 7732.
Because you’re safer under MARSHALL LAW!