The Centre for Fine Art, Animation and Design created a Public Service Announcement in Support of Arrive Alive. In this endeavour they have portrayed the very important message that “Road Rage Does Kill!”
We would like to share this message and a few suggestions on how to avoid road rage:
10 POINT PLAN TO AVOID “ROAD RAGE”
1. Forget work or home worries, concentrate on driving.
2. Plan your journey to reduce anxiety and stress.
3. Adopt a positive mental attitude – to help with frustration.
4. Play music this can reduce stress.
5. Don’t try to change other drivers attitudes, you can’t but you can change your own.
6. Be courteous and stay calm if provoked.
7. Drive with your car doors locked and if you see trouble don’t leave the safety of your vehicle.
8. Count from 1-10 (it’s old and it works!)
9. Don’t retaliate by sounding your horn, flashing your lights or gesturing, this will only aggravate the situation.
10. If you are a victim of aggression take the registration number and report incident to the police.
Remember it is better to get there late, than not get there at all.
View the Arrive Alive Road Safety Website for more info on Road Rage and Aggressive Driving
View the Public Service Announcement: