What do you do to counter the ever increasing cost of transportation? What is the cost of transportation? We could include in these costs the following:
– Vehicle maintenance – Cost of tyres, wear and tear and vehicle components to be replaced etc
– Car Insurance
– Time spent in traffic [ If we use the often quoted term “time costs money”]
South Africans counter the increased costs of transportation by doing the following:
– Cutting down on unnecessary travel
– Increased usage of public transport
– Spouses travelling together and not in separate vehicles
– Lift clubs and travel with colleagues to work
– Working more from home by benefitting from the increased affordability and access to the internet.
There has been a significant move towards public transport in South Africa. The Gautrain and improved bus services in the metros with the launch of the BRT systems are attracting hundreds of thousands of new commuters.
As we drive less with our own cars we need to be reminded that this should have an impact on the risk of insurance claims from accidents as well! Consider a car insurance product that recognizes these reduces risks and that is designed around the distance that you travel.
Pay As You Drive is the insurance product that is designed with this in mind. We would like to advise road users to compare their insurance quotes with that of distance based insurance products!