How many vehicles in South Africa at 1 November 2009? We are pleased to share the data provided by our friends from eNaTIS. This data is an eye opener to those concerned about road safety. Only with access to this data can we design road safety strategies and address specific concerns!
I was fortunate to recently attend the opening of the Highway Wellness Centre in Harrismith. I must admit that I was in awe at the amount of heavy trucks passing by and stopping at this wellness centre. This re-affirmed the belief that we need to focus our attention on the fitness of truck drivers, driver tiredness etc.
How many trucks do you think are driving on the roads of South Africa? The statistics reveal that there are 321 056 registered Trucks (Heavy load vehicles GVM > 3500kg)!
We would like to share the live data – Statistics at your fingertips
Live vehicle population, September/October 2009 (including month-on-month movements)
New vehicle registrations, October 2009 (including year-on-year movements)
Used vehicle registrations, October 2009 (including year-on-year movements)
Also view on the Arrive Alive website:
- Vehicle Population in South Africa at 1 December 2009
- How many vehicles are in South Africa November 2010?
- How many vehicles in South Africa on 30 September 2009?
- What do the Crime Statistics 2009 tell us, specifically regarding Car Insurance?
- Passenger car and commercial vehicle sales accelerated further in November