Volkswagen Group South Africa (VWSA) has adopted and localised key elements of the global strategic partnership between Volkswagen Group and BP/Castrol Global.
The agreement includes cooperation between the two companies in the main areas such as:
- Joint technology work on lubricants and fuels;
- Preferred supplier status for BP/Castrol in the first fill fuels and lubricants and in industrial lubricants and greases;
- Brand association including a global recommendation for Castrol branded products in the aftermarket;
- The development of the aftermarket through the franchise network to ensure the customer is always offered the oil recommended by Volkswagen Group.
- Currently, Castrol lubricants are recommended globally in handbooks and manuals of the Volkswagen Group vehicles. Oil filler caps are also Castrol branded, giving quality assurance to Volkswagen, Audi, and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles drivers.
VWSA now offers Volkswagen Genuine Oil, filled by Castrol, in different pack sizes. Volkswagen Genuine Oil fulfils all the manufacturer’s specific technical requirements, demonstrating locally Castrol’s proven ability to tailor its product to set specifications.
In South Africa, VWSA and Castrol South Africa have formally localised the global strategic agreement by identifying opportunities of synergies between the two companies.
“VWSA is excited to have formalised the global working relationship with Castrol in South Africa and is looking forward to working together to expand opportunity in Sub-Saharan Africa as well. Synergies will be exploited in all markets to guarantee excellent service to our mutual customers,” said Stefan Mecha, Director: Sales and Marketing, Volkswagen Group South Africa.
David Bouet, Managing Director for Castrol South Africa, said: “Castrol values its long-standing global partnership with the Volkswagen Group and is pleased to see that relationship now being established locally. We look forward to building on that relationship and developing new synergies as our relationship evolves.”