On the Arrive Alive website we have discussed the higher accident risks posed by young drivers. We have also discussed the topic of age on a blog post titled “How important is driver age when determining car insurance premiums?”
Elderly road users present unique risks to road safety and we deemed it appropriate to add a section on the Arrive Alive website on “Road Safety and the Elderly”.
On a less serious note, we decided to share a few thoughts on the benefits of getting older, and would like to share this with our visitors:
Perks of reaching 50 or being over 60 and heading towards 70!
- Kidnappers are not very interested in you…
- In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
- No one expects you to run–anywhere.
- People call at 9pm and ask, did I wake you?
- People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
- There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
- Things you buy now won’t wear out.
- You can eat supper at 4 pm.
- You can live without sex but not your glasses.
- You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
- You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
- You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.
- You sing along with elevator music.
- Your eyes won’t get much worse.
- Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
- Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
- Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can’t remember them either.
- Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.
- You can’t remember who sent you this list, or to whom you have forwarded it!