Hi there,maybe your orginization can help. I want to purchase a a 4 wheeled pride mobility colt plus mobility vehicle\scooter. According to the supplier,no licence is required to use it on a public road is this correct? Where can i obtain the relevant information regarding the use of such a battery powered vehicle on a public road. I live in Somerset west. thank you


If the vehicles are classified as a motor quadrucycle, it may not be used on the road. If it is seen as a motor car it must comply to the normal requirements and if it is less than 230 kg and designed for disabled persons and used by such person it is not seen as a motor vehicle and does not have to be registered..



Alta Swanepoel and Associates

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

clear formSubmit