What is the law around transporting employees from home to work and back?
Can you use a truck with canopy with seats?
Must all seats have safety belts as i have seen the public transport busses do not have safety belts.
The NRTA does make provision for persons to be conveyed in a goods compartment of a vehicle under certain conditions, which are:
No person shall operate on a public road a goods vehicle conveying persons unless that portion of the vehicle in which such persons are being conveyed is enclosed to a height of—
(a) at least 350 millimetres above the surface upon which such person is seated; or
(b) at least 900 millimetres above the surface on which such person is standing,
in a manner and with a material of sufficient strength to prevent such person from falling from such vehicle when it is in motion.
Provided that no person shall be conveyed in the goods compartment together with any tools or goods, except their personal effects, unless that portion in which such persons are being conveyed is separated by means of a partition, from the portion in which such goods are being conveyed
So in answering the question, yes you use a truck with a canopy and seats. Further to that is the fact that you cannot convey persons in a goods compartment for reward.
Hopeful that the information provided answers your question.
- What are the Rules when carrying passengers in a closed truck and a bakkie?
- What is the legally allowed hight limits for a bakkie transporting furniture
- Rules of the Road, Professional Driving Permits and transporting students to events
- Professional driving permit [PrDP] is required when transporting people for reward
- What is the Operator card that must be displayed on a vehicle?