Please clarify the meaning of a SOLID RED LINE and a BROKEN RED LINE painted along the shoulder of a road. The Durban Municipality first used a BROKEN RED LINE which was then changed to a SOLID RED LINE. I need your urgent response.
A red line means No Stopping.
A solid red line means No Stopping at any time, day or night.
A broken red line means No Stopping during the hours shown on an accompanying road sign.
The New K53 Manual
For Learner’s & Driver’s Licence Test Preparation
- What do I need to know about solid and broken yellow lines next to the kerb?
- What does the solid line at an intersection require from motorists?
- Where in the Eastern Cape can I report animals on the road and road kill?
- What are the Rules of the road on overtaking and the lines in the middle of the road?
- Road rage threatens more than your car! Road rage Kills!!