It is always important to stay informed of trends in the threats we face on the roads daily. We received information from those dealing with road crimes and hijackings daily on some of the hottpots for hijacking in Johannesburg
JHB Central and Hillbrow..
– Cnr Harrow and Hendon Street
– Cnr Harrow and Abel Road
– Cnr Crownwood and Amethyst Road
– Cnr Barry Hertzog Avenue and Napier Road
– Rifle Range Road
– Empire Road
– Main Reef Road
– Commissioner Street
Sandton and Douglasdale..
– Cnr Cambridge and Witkoppen Road
– William Nicol Drive and N1 Freeway
– Cnr Witkoppen and Maxwell Drive
– Cnr Witkoppen and Main Road
– Woodmead Avenue
– Cnr Woodmead and Woodlands Drive
– Cnr Witkoppen Road and Bowling Avenue
– Cnr Main and Robin Road
– Cnr Main Road and Sloane Avenue
– Cnr Katherine Street and Grayston Drive
– Cnr Marlboro Drive and South Way
Honeydew and Florida..
– Cnr 14th Avenue and Hendrik Potgieter Road
– 14th Avenue
– Beyers Naude
– In Lenasia it will happen in your driveway or as you pulling in.
What to do..:
– Keep all valuables, including bags, purses and cellphones in the boot or out of sight when inside the car
– Keep doors locked at all times and keep windows closed
– Stay alert while driving, especially when you stop at intersections or traffic lights
– Try not to use your cellphone when stopped at an intersection or traffic light
– Leave enough space between you and the car in front of you when approaching an intersection, allowing yourself to escape a potentially dangerous situation.
[Info via Stan Bezuidenhout]